Lorajean from Knitted Wit and I were plotting, as we do, and we were wondering what kind of knitting thing we should get into this summer. You’ll never guess what popped into our heads (yes, you will). SOCKS! It’s definitely my go-to summer (or any time, really) on-the-go project. It’s small, it’s portable, it’s infinitely customizable, I can’t even count how many I have on the needles at any given time, AND her sock yarn is A#1 amazeballs perfection. Plus, I’ve been wanting an excuse to fill up this new sock drawer I started for shortie socks.
So…starting on Memorial Day (May 29th), and running through Labor Day (September 4th), knit some socks with us. Not only will you get a more full and pleasing sock drawer, you’ll also potentially have a jump-start on holiday knitting (that is, if you can bring yourself to share your handknit socks with loved ones. We admit that we sometimes have a hard time with this concept).
- Instagram!!! Use #socksonvacay and tag both me (@shannonsq) and @knittedwit. Only posts made between Memorial Day & Labor Day will be eligible.
- Prizes for things like Most Exotic Photo, Most Finished Socks, etc.
- Prizes will include skeins of Knitted Wit sock yarn and gift certificates for my Ravelry shop.
- Winners will be chosen the week after Labor Day.
- Fun KAL on Ravelry! Share your projects, inspire your friends, and chat with like-minded individuals.
So, what are you waiting for? Head to Knitted Wit’s website and order some sock yarn, download a pattern or two, and get your needles ready, because we’re going to have a sock-knitting blast this summer!